Thursday, November 1, 2012

Updated Google Search for iOS brings improved voice search and voice results

I haven't used an iPhone since the iPhone 4. I have an iPad 2 and I love it. Neither of them have Siri available as an option so I've never used Siri in my everyday life. I can't speak personally to how well Siri works but I've heard a lot of people give me their thoughts. From, "It gives you really funny responses" to "It's completely useless" and "I love the hands free text messaging" there are a bunch of differing opinions about the virtual assistant. But, the one thing I have been able to try out fairly extensively is the search function. I found it slow and inaccurate. It wasn't very useful for me.

That's where the Google search app comes in. I never used it much mainly because it is built into my browser.and the voice search was slow and inaccurate just like Siri. However, Google just updated its voice functionality. It is almost instantaneous in the speech recognition and will actually talk back to you with the results. Now, it doesn't always speak back to you, but it did more times than not during my use. I used it on the iPad 2 so I don't know what to expect on the iPhone version. Now, these are just my first impressions so I don't know what you can expect with your experience. For me it was very fluid and super fast. Tell me your experiences with the new update. Will you use the improved voice functionality? Do you already use the voice functionality? Let me know in the comments, post something on my Facebooktweet me, or send me an email.


0 comments:

Post a Comment