Monday, November 5, 2012

Best Halo ever? - Halo 4 midnight launch

I remember back in 2004 I was working at Gamestop for the Halo 2 launch. It was my first retail job and I was excited and nervous at the same time. I hadn't worked there long and this was my first ever midnight launch. It seemed like hundreds of people lined up to get the game, but little did they know that we had been playing it all day and had already had our own personal copies of the game. Ahh, memories...

Well, it's that time again! Halo 4 is set to release tonight at midnight. It is sure to be one of the biggest launch titles for the Xbox 360 this year and people will be lining up for it once again. Since I've been working retail for a while I figured I would share some tips for finding copies of the game if you didn't have a pre-order.

If you weren't smart enough to pre-order the game (don't think you didn't have the money because you could have put only $5 down to reserve a copy) then here's what I suggest. Go to the lesser known stores for video games like Sam's Club or Costco. These stores require a membership but people almost never think to buy games at a wholesale store. Not only that but you'll get the game at a little bit below retail. Use craigslist.org to find one. I'm sure people will beat the game in the wee hours of the morning and will then want to get rid of it. Craig's list is great because it is completely free to post for sale ads. Just be careful to make sure you test the game first to make sure it's a legit copy and not a blank disc with the label printed on it.

Have fun out there guys and make sure to send me your pictures and videos. I'll be posting them tomorrow for you guys to enjoy! Oh, and here's the trailer for the game to get you guys pumped up for it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment